Walk in the park, look at the sky: collected thoughts, processes and observations made during the course of making things
- Leap Motion
- Plain Text
Follow this blog using RSS
- 31.07.12 Cecil Balmond: Narratives in Space
While I can't really say I'm a fan of the aesthetic of the Orbit, it's fascinating none the less to hear about the idea behind the design…
- 31.07.12 Eames: The Architect and The Painter
Just pre-ordered the DVD that comes out in the UK in September.
- 30.07.12 Erik Spiekermann: I add the sound
Love how Erik Spiekermann talks about how he can get inspiration from something that already exists, then when he draws it the next day…
- 30.07.12 Thomas Heatherwick: the new London Bus
Thomas Heatherwick talks passionately about designing the new London Bus.
- 30.07.12 Wim Crouwel's advice for young designers
"Keep your radar turning".
- 02.07.12 Inventor Portrait: Ralph Baer, creator of the home video game console
Wonderful, inspiring and poignant film.
- 01.07.12 Inventor Portrait: Steven Sasson - inventor of the digital camera
- 20.04.12 The Generous Man – Remembering Hillman Curtis
I first met Hillman in 1998 during a Macromedia conference being held in Paris. I'd wondered into one of the sessions not really knowing…
- 04.04.12 Tom Hulme at TEDxCSM
Tom Hulme, Design Director at IDEO talks about Designing for Emergence. So flattered to get such a great mention too.
- 14.03.12 Dieter Rams: Less and More Interview
- 13.03.12 Conversations with Paul Rand
Art is an idea that has found its perfect form.
- 13.03.12 Saul Bass: On Making Money vs Quality Work
"I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."
- 13.03.12 The scariest public information film you've ever seen, from David Lynch
From 1991, it's a film about keeping New York city clean, but it's got all the tell-tale fingerprints of being created by David Lynch.
- 03.08.10 This is why we get up in the morning
It's your shelf space; you decide what goes on your shelves.
- 13.07.10 Norman McLaren - Dots (1940)
- 08.07.10 Frank Gehry: be an expert in your work
"Nobody else is an expert in your work"
- 04.11.09 Cecil Balmond on provoking exploration
‘We wanted to break the traditional, continuous sight lines of a bridge to create a structure that provokes exploration and questioning of a…