Walk in the park, look at the sky: collected thoughts, processes and observations made during the course of making things
- Leap Motion
- Plain Text
Follow this blog using RSS
- 13.03.18 Exploring the Data Terrain
- 13.03.18 Mesh exploration
- 12.03.18 Test output for Form & Code Workshop later this week
- 12.03.18 Working on more examples for my Form and Code workshop @projectunitx this…
- 07.03.18 Diving into the archive
- 06.03.18 Create systems which allow for play
I’ve always felt the computer is part author, especially in coded work. You put parameters in place but there’s scope for plenty of play wit…
- 06.03.18 12345678910,11,12!
- 05.03.18 Repeat
- 03.03.18 Across the globe
- 02.03.18 Back your sh*t up!
This work that we all make — these little fragments of digital ephemera — well, I think it's important. Over the years that work builds up int…
- 02.03.18 Work-in-progress
Oil tankers can be beautiful.
- 01.03.18 Flights all booked for @offfest — doing the closing talk on the first day in t…
Come say hi!
- 23.02.18 Apertures
- 22.02.18 The Path of Least Resistance — Updating A Server Using DeployHQ
It's very easy to get stuck into certain ways of doing things; there's a comfort in the familiar yet the danger is there's actually a…
- 21.02.18 Prototyping forms
- 21.02.18 Making prototypes of what will be a kind of follow up to Analog In Digital Out
- 21.02.18 Detail
- 21.02.18 Spiky Data Sphere
- 21.02.18 My FormBox is currently on its way to me from China
Really looking forward to playing with the possibilities of this beautifully designed machine.
- 20.02.18 Putting 'stupid' ideas into the world
I've always been a great believer in putting ideas out into the world to represent who you are what you're about. It's something I do a lot…
- 17.02.18 Work-in-progress
- 14.02.18 New pencil based project coming soon
I’m working on a new personal project with the lovely people @dustcollective that is part book part pencils part poster thing.
- 13.02.18 Not what I expected
This was a mistake but as mistakes go, I quite like it.
- 08.02.18 Using a Git Repo to create a physical document of the work
I've always felt it important to document the work. Sketches, scraps, iterations, failures and surprises are all part of the process and so…
- 07.02.18 Using a restaurant style Tab Grabber as a todo list
This is something I’ve been doing for over a year now. Rather than write down my daily task list in a journal or in some web based system, I…
- 06.02.18 Creating Systems
Pretty much any work I create usually has a GUI behind it that I can then use to create the final compositions or sequences. I love the CP5…
- 06.02.18 Automating movie file conversion to MP4
I’m always keen to try and automate processes I repeat a lot, so this is something I’ve done recently that I find handy for my…
- 06.02.18 Creating Systems
. Pretty much any work I create usually has a GUI behind it that I can then use to create the final compositions or sequences. I love the…
- 06.02.18 Currently mapping thousands of pipelines.
- 05.02.18 Making busy data analysis grids.